Physician Resource Coordination Office
The Physician Resource Coordination Office was established in the fall of 2005 to support a balanced, effective, and efficient physician recruitment strategy in Manitoba, that recognizes the needs of the Province as well as the needs of individual RHAs. The objectives of the Physician Resource Coordination Office include:
- Coordinating and managing information related to physician recruitment and retention for the province
- Supporting RHAs in their direct recruitment activities
- Centralizing existing and future physician resource initiatives to ensure balanced, effective, and cost-effective relationships between programs
- Providing a "one stop" information and assistance service for physicians seeking employment in Manitoba and for RHA and private employers seeking physicians
- Supporting physician recruits and their families throughout the recruitment process, from the point of first contact with the Physician Resource Coordination Office to the point of being hired
- Contributing to the growth of the physician workforce in Manitoba
The HealthEmployment.ca website is an initiative that has been launched by the Physician Resource Coordination Office in an effort to provide a "one stop" online source of information for physicians and employers who are seeking information on practice opportunities in Manitoba. For more information on the Physician Resource Coordination Office, please contact us. You may also register with the Physician Resource Coordination Office, which offers the following benefits:
- A personal reply from a Physician Resource Coordination Office staff member within 5 business days with information regarding immigration and licensing requirements and employment opportunities in Manitoba.
- Creation of a personal profile that will assist the Physician Resource Coordination Office in matching you with current and future employment opportunities.
- The Physician Resource Coordination Office will work directly with you on the steps needed for recruitment, immigration and licensure.
Some of the Basic Requirements for Conditional Licensure:
- A pass standing on the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE);
- Approval from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM)
N.B The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for conditional licensure. For a complete list, please visit The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM) at: http://cpsm.mb.ca/registration/categories-of-registration/257-2