Manitoba has two large urban centres, Brandon and the provincial capital Winnipeg. Brandon is the smaller of the two and is an industrious community of approximately 43,000 people. Winnipeg, much larger with almost 700,000 people, represents almost 60% of Manitoba's population.
Those looking for a smaller community thats large enough to offer all the typical urban amenities might choose Brandon. Here are a few links to help get you started in learning about this wonderful place to live.
- City of Brandon
- www.brandon.com (Brandon Home Page)
- www.ebrandon.ca (Brandon Home Page)
- Brandon Economic Development Site
- Brandon Real Estate Board
- Brandon University
- Brandon Sun
- Wheat City Journal
- Assiniboine Community College
- Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba
But if you are looking for a larger city that competes on the national stage in culture and business, Winnipeg is your town!
- City of Winnipeg
- Destination Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Home Page
- Winnipeg Free Press Newspaper
- University of Manitoba
- University of Winnipeg
- Manitoba Museum
- Manitoba Theatre Centre
- Folk Arts Council of Manitoba
- Winnipeg Art Gallery