Skip to Content
Occupational Therapy

In Manitoba, occupational therapists can work in various settings that include hospitals, schools, in the work place, rehabilitation centres, private clinics, nursing homes, community programs and in the homes of clients. Occupational therapy settings are throughout the province of Manitoba. For career opportunities please visit the Regional Health Authority websites:

Associations and Licensing

  • All occupational therapists must be registered with College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba in order to practice in the province.
  • All internationally educated occupational therapists (IEOTs) must confirm their eligibility to write the National Occupational Therapist Certification Examination (NOTCE) through the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).This is the national professional representation body for occupational therapists in Canada.
  • IEOTs who completed a program that is not recognized by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) will need to have an assessment by CAOT to determine their eligibility to write the NOTCE.
  • Once they are eligible to write the NOTCE, and have passed an English language proficiency exam, they may contact COTBC to apply for provisional registration. Upon successful completion of the NOTCE, they may request advancement to full registration.
  • For additional resources for Occupational Therapists in Manitoba please see Manitoba Society of Occupational Therapists website.


Occupational Therapy is a dynamic, growing, and internationally-recognized health profession that for close to a century has been helping to improve the lives and daily experience of children, adults, and communities by focusing on what is fundamental to us all – the daily occupations that give life meaning.

A Master of Occupational Therapy Degree is required in order to practice in Manitoba. Please check the University of Manitoba website for further information. The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists website provides additional information on recognized educational institutions in Canada.